When I was a Dead Broke Carpet Cleaner living off credit cards, I had to figure out how to successfully sell something nobody wanted to buy: Carpet Cleaning. One of the very first things I did before the internet even existed was I created a “Consumer’s Guide To Carpet Cleaning”. When people read the Consumer Awareness Guide, they discovered:
- 7 Questions to Ask a Carpet Cleaner Before You Invite Them Into Your Home
- 8 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Carpet Cleaner
- Crawling Critters and Crude: A Guide to The Slime, Grime, and Livestock That’s Seeping, Creeping and Galloping Through Your Carpet
- How to Avoid 4 Carpet Cleaning Rip-Offs
- The Difference Between Value and Price
- How To Get Your Carpet Cleaner to 100% Guarantee their Work
And when they opened up the guide, it said:
“Dear Homeowner,Choosing a Carpet Cleaner isn’t easy. Why?Because you’re bombarded with confusing claims, simply bad information, and near worthless methods. How do you find a qualified, competent Carpet Cleaner? You start by reading THIS guide. With this information you can make an informed, intelligent decision.”
That’s what consumers want. They want to make an informed, intelligent decision. They don’t want to make an uninformed, dumb decision. No matter what business you are in and no matter what your services are, you want to EDUCATE PEOPLE IN ADVANCE. As my friend Jason Fladlien says, “Whatever you’re selling, put information in front of it.”
What I’m sharing with you here is about using Education-Based Marketing to inform people about what they don’t know (that they don’t know). Consumers didn’t know there were 7 questions to ask a Carpet Cleaner before inviting them into their home. They didn’t know there were 4 Carpet Cleaning rip-offs to avoid…
Here’s what YOU can do: Make a list of everything that would be valuable for consumers to know. Then, put that out into the world with a Podcast, Video, Social Media, Webinar, Consumer Awareness Guide, Direct Mail, and more. The Consumer Awareness Guide transformed my whole service business when I was in my early 20’s, and it’s now generated several BILLION of dollars in revenue for thousands of businesses all over the world.
Remember: If you make your advertising and marketing VALUABLE, then people will love doing business with you. This is one way you create a more E.L.F.® (Easy, Lucrative, and Fun!) Business. And, no matter what you do, always do it ethically.
As the quote by Wilson Mizner goes, “Be nice to people on your way up because you’ll meet them on your way down.
by Joe Polish
Founder of Genius Network
P.S. I've created a resource page as a central guide with access to valuable resources available to you right now. Check it out at www.GeniusNetwork.com/Vision-Insight. Bookmark this page. This is where I will post every new update.
P.P.S. Whenever you're ready... here are 3 more ways I can help you make YOUR business and life more E.L.F. (Easy, Lucrative, and Fun!):
- Discover the 10x Multipliers to grow your business exponentially… Amplify your opportunities and reveal the untapped potential in your business: www.10XTalk.com/Vision
- Trigger these 8 Profit Activators in your business right now: www.ILoveMarketing.com/Vision
- I'm often asked what books I recommend. So, I've put together a collection of books and products in 9 specific categories. These are resources we've shared in Genius Network to help improve life and business... To check them out visit www.JoePolish.com/Books-Vision
P.P.P.S. If You Or Someone You Know Is Struggling With Addiction, visit www.GeniusRecovery.org/Vision-Letter
Also, check these out 🙂
More Genius Network Articles You Might Enjoy
Here are 9 valuable lessons I’ve learned in business that you may find useful: You will often spend more money to get Clients than you make in immediate profits. The real money isn’t made on the front end -- it’s made on the backend. Marketing is your OFFER, the LIST,...
When Joe interviewed Gary Vaynerchuk, the CEO of VaynerMedia, Gary laid out his Business Philosophy around "Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook". JABS, according to Gary, are the VALUE you provide to your Customers. This includes content you put out, the appreciation you show...
#91 Episode Summary: What Ed learned from being friends with the great Gary Halbert How Ed started the “30 Day Challenge” process and how it can help anyone make their first dollar online Why “process” is a key element to success A critical question you should ask...