When I was a Dead Broke Carpet Cleaner living off credit cards, I had to figure out how to successfully sell something nobody wanted to buy: Carpet Cleaning. One of the very first things I did before the internet ever even existed was to create a “Consumer’s Guide To Carpet Cleaning”.
When people read the Consumer Awareness Guide, they discovered:
- 7 Questions to Ask a Carpet Cleaner Before You Invite Them Into Your Home
- 8 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Carpet Cleaner
- Crawling Critters and Crud: A Guide to The Slime, Grime, and Livestock That’s Seeping, Creeping and Galloping Through Your Carpet
- How to Avoid 4 Carpet Cleaning Rip-Offs
- The Difference Between Value and Price
- How To Get Your Carpet Cleaner to 100% Guarantee their Work
And when they opened up the guide, it said:
Choosing a Carpet Cleaner isn’t easy. Why? Because you’re bombarded with confusing claims, simply bad information, and near worthless methods. How do you find a qualified, competent Carpet Cleaner? You start by reading THIS guide. With this information you can make an informed, intelligent decision.
That’s what consumers want. They want to make an informed, intelligent decision. They don’t want to make an uninformed, dumb decision. No matter what business you are in and no matter what your services are, you want to EDUCATE PEOPLE IN ADVANCE. As my friend and Genius Network® Member Jason Fladlien says, “Whatever you’re selling, put information in front of it.”
What I’m sharing with you here is about using Education-Based Marketing to inform people about what they don’t know (that they don’t know).
Consumers didn’t know there were 7 questions to ask a Carpet Cleaner before inviting them into their home. They didn’t know there were 4 Carpet Cleaning rip-offs to avoid…
Here’s what YOU can do: Make a list of everything that would be valuable for consumers to know. Then, put that out into the world with a podcast, video, social media, webinar, Consumer Awareness Guide, direct mail, and more.
The Consumer Awareness Guide transformed my whole service business when I was in my early 20’s, and it’s now generated several BILLION of dollars in revenue for thousands of businesses all over the world.
Remember: If you make your advertising and marketing VALUABLE, then people will love doing business with you. This is one way you create a more E.L.F.® (Easy, Lucrative, and Fun!) Business. And, no matter what you do, always do it ethically. As the quote by Wilson Mizner goes, “Be nice to people on your way up because you’ll meet them on your way down.”
by Joe Polish
Founder of Genius Network
P.S. I've created a resource page as a central guide with access to valuable resources available to you right now. Check it out at www.GeniusNetwork.com/Vision-Insight. Bookmark this page. This is where I will post every new update.
P.P.S. Whenever you're ready... here are 3 more ways I can help you make YOUR business and life more E.L.F. (Easy, Lucrative, and Fun!):
- Discover the 10x Multipliers to grow your business exponentially… Amplify your opportunities and reveal the untapped potential in your business: www.10XTalk.com/Vision
- Trigger these 8 Profit Activators in your business right now: www.ILoveMarketing.com/Vision
- I'm often asked what books I recommend. So, I've put together a collection of books and products in 9 specific categories. These are resources we've shared in Genius Network to help improve life and business... To check them out visit www.JoePolish.com/Books-Vision
P.P.P.S. If You Or Someone You Know Is Struggling With Addiction, visit www.GeniusRecovery.org/Vision-Letter
Also, check these out 🙂
More Genius Network Articles You Might Enjoy
In marketing, you want to continually "drip" on people. This is where you consistently communicate with people via email, direct mail, postcards, and more. It's about constant BONDING, and bonding is tied to APPRECIATION... If you appreciate a plant, you're going to...
How To Deliver a Wow Experience – Packaging, Products, and Fulfillment
#273.5 Episode Summary: In this episode, you’ll discover what it takes to keep growing in business, how to build a great culture, how to keep clients for life, and strategies EVERY entrepreneur should know about printing, publishing, and product fulfillment, with Joe...
Four Horsemen and the Four-Part Plan That Leads to Success
#275 Episode Summary: In this Episode, you’ll discover The Four Horsemen & The Four Part Plan That Leads To Success with Richard Viguerie. Richard Viguerie is a Genius Network and Strategic Coach Alumni. With over 50 years of experience, he is a pioneer of...